A. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The type of Information submitted to or collected by EIP varies depending upon the nature of the activity and relationship with EIP.
- Browsing the Website: When You browse the company’s website, EIP may collect information regarding the domain and host from which You access the Internet, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet Service Provider You are using, and anonymous site statistical data. This information is collected for the purpose of assessing the effectiveness of the company’s website and for security reasons.
- Inquiries: The website contains various forms, links to company e-mail addresses, and fax numbers that You may use to solicit information about the website, EIP services, and the company in general. When You complete and submit a form, send us an e-mail, send us a fax, or contact us by telephone, EIP may store the inquiries and their contents, including any personally identifiable information You may have provided. Any personally identifiable information You submit via an inquiry is collected only with Your knowledge and active participation.
- Use of Advertising Services: When You register to use EIP Adsvertising services (“Advertising Services”), You will be required to provide personally identifiable information and to enter into a written agreement with EIP. If You ordered any products or services from businesses that use our Publication Services (“EIP Customers”), You were required to submit personally identifiable information (“Order Information”). EIP Customers transmit Order Information to EIP for the purpose of processing Orders. Order Information is maintained in servers located within the U.S.A. and may also be maintained in servers located in Europe or Asia, depending on where the order originates or the geographic location of an EIP Customer. EIP may maintain Order Information for a certain period of time to comply with audits or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Applying for an Advertising Account: When You submit an application to obtain an advertising account through EIP, You will be required to provide personally identifiable information. Furthermore, EIP may also obtain information about You from third-party sources, including, without limitation, consumer reporting agencies.
B. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Usage and disclosure of Your Information varies based on Your relationship with EIP. EIP never sells any personally identifiable information and, except as expressly set forth below, never discloses personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Browsing the Website: Information collected while You’re browsing our website may be used to analyze trends, administer the website, improve site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes. Such Information may be disclosed to third parties to provide any of the aforementioned activities on behalf of EIP.
- Inquiries: Information collected during the course of You submitting an inquiry via online form, e-mail, fax, or telephone call may be used by EIP to respond to Your inquiries or to contact You to inform You of services of EIP that may be of use to You. Information collected during the course of an inquiry will not be disclosed to any third-party unless such third-party has been contracted by EIP, with obligations of confidentiality, to contact You on our behalf.
- Use of EIP Services: If You are an EIP Customer, EIP will use Your Information during the course of providing You with the Adertising Services or any other services offered by EIP. During the course of providing such services, EIP may disclose Your Information to third parties that have contracted with EIP to perform certain functions of the Advertising Services on our behalf (“Subcontractors”). EIP may also use Your Information to contact You about other EIP offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends, directly or through the use of third-party vendors. EIP may also use Your Information for internal business analyses. If You are a customer of an EIP Customer, EIP will use Order Information during the course of providing advertising services to such EIP Customer. EIP may also use Order Information at an aggregate level for internal business analyses and fraud prevention. During the course of providing Services to EIP Customers, EIP may disclose Order Information to banks, processors, card associations, and other financial institutions that are involved in the course of processing or screening the transaction applicable to the Order Information.
- Applying for an Advertising Account: If You apply for an advertising account from or through EIP, EIP may use and disclose the Information to evaluate Your eligibility for an advertising account, including disclosure to consumer reporting agencies, relevant financial institutions, and other entities involved in providing the advertising account services. EIP may also use and disclose Your Information during the course of providing or procuring on Your behalf the advertising account services. EIP may also use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third-party vendor, about other EIP offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends. EIP may also use Your Information for internal business analyses.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: If You submitted an inquiry to EIP or if You are an EIP Customer, periodically, EIP may use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third-party vendor, to complete a survey or questionnaire. Responses to any such survey or questionnaire may be used for internal business analyses and may be disclosed in aggregate form without disclosing any personally identifiable information.
- Confidentiality Obligations: All contracts entered into between EIP and EIP Customers, EIP and Subcontractors, and EIP and other third-party service providers contain express provisions governing the confidential treatment of any and all personally identifiable information.
- Investigations and Proceedings: EIP may use Information to conduct internal investigations. EIP may disclose Information to cooperate with an investigation by law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities and may also disclose Information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other comparable legal processes.
- EIP processes information as a Processor and Controller as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union.
- EIP will retain information collected from you for as long as you maintain an account, for a reasonable time thereafter, and as required by law. If you do not want EIP to maintain information, you may contact EIP and have the information deleted.
C. INFORMATION SECURITY
EIP is committed to privacy and security. EIP is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (“PCI DSS”) PCI DSS is the bankcard industry’s most stringent security standard. Examples of EIP’s security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; sophisticated security monitoring tools; documented security policies; use of strong encryption for transmissions of Order Information to and from EIP Customers; restricted access of personally identifiable information; and, periodic security audits by third-party security experts.
D. CORRECTION AND DELETION OF INFORMATION
If You want EIP to correct or delete Your Information that is stored on EIP systems, please submit Your request to:
Or by mail to:
Eagle Island Publishing, LLC
637 S. Dixie Rd.
Wagener, SC 29164
ATTN: Privacy Officer
Subject to our ability to verify Your request and provided that EIP is not required to maintain the Information by applicable laws, regulations, or contractual obligations, EIP will correct or delete the Information within thirty (30) days of receipt of Your request.